WIPP Stakeholder Information Notification Service
In accordance with the WIPP Hazardous
Waste Facility Permit (Permit Number: NM4890139088-TSDF), an
e-mail notification process has been established to inform stakeholders
when one or more of the following activities occur at the WIPP project.
The e-mail notification will provide the recipient with an address on the WIPP
web page where additional information can be obtained. If you
would like to receive these e-mail notifications, please read the disclaimer
below and click the "I Agree" button to subscribe. After you complete the
registration, an e-mail message with a confirmation number and web page link
will be sent to the address you provided. This message also will ask you
to click on the attached link and enter your confirmation number to verify your
e-mail address and intent to subscribe to this service.
- Submittal of final waste generator site audit reports to the New Mexico Environment Department (NMED) for approval.
- Submittal of an acceptable knowledge sufficiency determination to NMED for review.
- Submittal of an issue for dispute resolution.
- Any proposal to submit a Class 1 Permit Modification notification to NMED for approval of a capacity increase in the repository.
- Any use of surge capacity in the Parking Area Unit or Waste Handling Building.
- Reporting Planned Changes.
- Reporting Anticipated Noncompliance.
- Written Notice For 24 Hour And Subsequent Reporting
- Incorrect Submitted Information In The Permit Application Or In Any Report To The Secretary
- Notifications Regarding Ongoing Dispute Resolution.
- Projected Start Date Of Excavation Of Each Underground HWDU.
- Geomechanical Monitoring Report Transmittal Letter.
- Notification Of Adverse Conditions.
- Exceedance Of Repository Volatile Organic Compounds.
- Exceedance Of Action Level Of Hydrogen Or Methane In A Filled Panel.
- Sampling Line Loss.
- Evaluation Of Sampling Line Loss.
- Date On Which Permittees Expect To Begin Partial Closure.
- Notification Stating The Final Volume Of TRU Mixed Waste Emplaced In The Underground HWDU.
- Notice Of The Meeting And Comment Period For CBFO Determination Of AK Sufficiency.
- Acceptable Knowledge Sufficiency Determination Request Transmittal Letter To NMED.
- Annual Proposed Acceptable Knowledge Sufficiency Determinations Transmittal Letter.
- Announcement Of Annual Proposed Acceptable Knowledge Sufficiency Determinations Public Meeting.
Please note that the e-mail notification service is in addition to the
information you receive through the WIPP Facility Mailing List, which is
maintained by the New Mexico Environment Department at www.nmenv.state.nm.us/wipp.
Thank you for your continuing interest in the WIPP facility.
Please read the following before continuing.
This web site
(www.wipp.energy.gov) is provided as a
public information service of the Department of Energy (DOE).
If You Send Us Personal Information and/or Subscribe to DOE’s E-Mail
Notification System (Listserv)
If you choose to provide us with personal information such as
through our “User Feedback” or in an e-mail to the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant,
the Webmaster, or to a DOE staff person, or by filling out the subscription
form with your personal information and submitting it to us through our Web
site, we use that information to include you in the e-mail notification
process, respond to your message and to help us get you the information you
have requested. We do not collect personal information for
any purpose other than to respond to you. DOE does not give,
sell, or transfer personal information to third parties, unless required by
law, such as the Freedom of Information Act.
Security, Intrusion, and Detection
For site security purposes, and to ensure this service remains
available to all users, this Government computer system employs software
programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload
or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
This Web site is part of a Federal computer system used to
accomplish Federal functions. The Department of Energy
monitors this Web site for security purposes to ensure it remains available to
all users and to protect information in the system.
By accessing this Web site, you are expressly consenting to these monitoring activities.
Unauthorized attempts to defeat or circumvent security features, to
use the system for other than intended purposes, to deny service to authorized
users, to access, obtain, alter, damage, or destroy information, or otherwise
to interfere with the system or its operation is prohibited. Evidence
of such acts will be disclosed to law enforcement authorities and will result
in criminal prosecution under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986, As
Amended in 1994 and 1996 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection
Act of 1996 (Pub. L. 104-294), (18 U.S.C. 1030), or other applicable criminal
ENTER THE STAKEHOLDER NOTIFICATION SERVICE
RETURN TO THE WIPP HOME PAGE